Water

Have you ever been so thirsty, you just knew you were going to die if you didn't get some water? I've been pretty thirsty, but I don't think I've ever been at that point. I do know some little guys who have frequented my home a lot lately who act that way though.

This is Philippines dry season. Otherwise known as HOT season. The grass turns brown, the ground cracks, & our lush, green paradise dies until rainy season comes again. Water is in short supply & has been known to completely turn off except for a couple hours a day. All living things are pretty desperate for water. We long for rain!

The particular little guys I'm referring to are ants. Everywhere I look there are ants. In every cabinet, sink, shower, crack & crevice. I was in the shower yesterday & I watched them as they frantically chased every little drop & stream of the water. Most of the time, I smash every creeping critter with 6 legs or more. But these little guys made me stop as I watched them scrambling for life. I wondered how far they traveled from their ant hill to find water. I'm sure it wasn't an easy journey.

I'm not a big water drinker. If there is something besides water available, that is usually what I drink. I know that's bad, but I usually don't realize it until I am dehydrated or bordering on coming down with a severe UTI. I should know better. Sodas, juices, & coffees do not make up for the real life & energy that pure water brings.

Water is life. All living creatures need it to survive. If we do not have water, we die. Plain & simple.

In Scripture, Jesus says, "But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." (John 4:14 ESV)

Sometimes we go through dry seasons. We feel that God is far away. Our fruit is wilted & puny & it feels like our joy is dying & paradise is far on the horizon. We are desperate for living water. We long for rain!

We should be like the little ants. They are willing to go wherever they have to go to find water. Even places that are not their natural habitat & I'm sure are uncomfortable to be in.

How many times do we try & satisfy our thirst for water with substitutes? "I'll just DO this for God & I'll be satisfied." "I got 5 minutes with Him last week. That should last me a while." "I'm sure God will ask someone else to do that. I'm just not comfortable with it." "I just don't feel God. I'll wait until I feel Him." And we wonder why we're dying of thirst? He's there! He's pouring out the rain even when we don't "feel" it! He never leaves us. But sometimes we aren't willing to go where He is. Where is He in your life right now? No question in if He's there, but are you there?

Jesus is life. All living creatures need Him to survive. If we don't have Him, we die. Plain & simple.

From one little ant to another




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When You're Draining Your Own Bucket

True Confessions- My Story Of Healing

When The Answer is No...