Be A Risky Adventurer

Our whirlwind year began with flying back to the Philippines and preparations for moving all of our stuff from one island to another. As we were spending time with family around the holidays and packing up to come back to the Philippines, we were blessed with some encouragement from several people in our family that helped to change my perspective on things that were coming.

You all know I don't like change. I blog about it pretty much every post. And I realized that I was so focused on the change that some of the excitement was being lost. Instead, our family kept saying how excited they were for us as we began our next adventure. And I thought- "Adventure. Hu. Sounds a lot more exciting than lots of change." And God whispered to my heart- "Living your life for me is and always will be an adventure." So that has become our word for this year. ADVENTURE.


The definition of adventure is-
1. An exciting or very unusual experience.
2. Participation in exciting undertakings or enterprises.
3. A bold, usually risky undertaking; hazardous action of uncertain outcome.
4. To take the risk involved. 


Adventure is exciting and unusual. Adventurers experience and see things that others don't. Adventure is bold. And adventure is risky. That's the part I don't really like. Risk. Risk seems bad. Kind of irresponsible. Especially when you have children.


I read a little book last year by John Piper that said this: "Therefore, it is right to risk for the cause of Christ. It is right to engage the enemy and say, “May the Lord do what seems good to him.” It is right to serve the people of God, and say, “If I perish, I perish!” It is right to stand before the fiery furnace of affliction and refuse to bow down to the gods of this world...
For the good of our souls and for the glory of our Saviour, risk is most assuredly right."

When you look at the mighty men and women of the Bible, they all lived lives of risk. Everyone though Noah was crazy. Abraham went but didn't know where He was going. Joseph went to prison because He stood for the right. David, the prophets, Esther, Nehemiah, the disciples, Peter, Paul, JESUS! Why should I expect my life to be void of risk? If you are a believer, you should expect it. So, as we embark on this new adventure- a new island, a new language, a new aircraft, many more moves, unsettledness- I am excited to be living our very own GODventure. Being exactly where He wants us to be, sharing His love to those who have never heard, encouraging those along side us- it is pretty awesome.
Be encouraged dear ones. Risk is right. And living your Godventure is what you were made for.


Comments

  1. wow, this is so so good... I've been thinking of you sooo much these days and weeks! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When You're Draining Your Own Bucket

True Confessions- My Story Of Healing

When The Answer is No...