A Dalton Summer


I guess technically, it never ceases to be summer here. That's one thing I think I will never really like- knowing that fall and winter will never come.

It has been a lovely, but busy summer. After flying the wings off the plane (not really) in June and a much needed two week break, things have simmered down a bit to a much more sane schedule.


We went on our first family vacation ever for a weekend to a gorgeous beach resort here on our island. We spent hours in the pool and on the beach, taking naps, building sandcastles and drinking yummy shakes. It was so good to not have texts coming in non-stop and be away from the busyness of everyday life.



We celebrated my 28th (ah!!!) birthday in July. The kids picked out presents for me from a little souvenir shop and did quite a good job at that. I have a special flower ring from Little Josh that warms my heart everytime I look at it. He checks everyday to see if I am wearing it.
On my birthday



Izzy & I
We've had quite a few medical flights this summer which aren't very fun. One in particular. Some good friends of our have an adorable baby girl, Izzy, who is almost 1 year old. She is my adopted niece and calls me "Pup" just like all my other nieces and nephews do (please don't ask how I got that name). :) She got very sick with malaria and severe kidney and bladder infections. They live in one of the tribal locations that we fly for. The weather was horrible the day Josh had to fly in and we weren't sure he was going to make it in and back out. But our faithful Lord made a hole in the clouds and he was able to get in and get Izzy and her mommy and daddy out and back to town before a huge tropical storm hit our island. She is much better now after meds and some rest- so thankful to the Lord.


Josh was also able to go into one of the tribes and help some other missionary friends of ours put up their solar system in their new house. He enjoyed working out there and has got to know some of the tribal people that he sees often as he flies into the different locations. The tribal people have actually given him nicknames. I guess bald heads aren't very common- "Tinapay" is one, which means "bread". Apparently, they think his head looks like a loaf of bread. So funny. I continue to be amazed at all the ways the Lord has blessed Josh and the many ways he is able to help people. The Lord truly prepared him from the time he was a child to do the job that He had in mind for him.
Had everyone over during conference


A couple weeks ago, we participated in our first regional conference here on our island. All the missionaries from our region gathered together for a time of worship, sharing, and meetings. It was great to have everyone in town and be able to here what the Lord is doing all over this island. We are so blessed to be able to be a part of His work here!

Next month, we will be attending another conference in the city for all the aviation people here in the Philippines. It will be another great time to see all our friends, the guys to talk airplane stuff, and the wives to get some much needed girl time. A lot of us have been through all the training together and are now scattered all over the country, so it will be such a blessing to all be together again.

Heading to the gym
The day after conference ends, my mom and two of my sisters are coming to visit us! They will be the first visitors we've had from home and the kids are so excited they can hardly stand it. We made a paper chain months ago and they have slowly watched it get smaller and smaller. It will be great to be able to show my family where we live and what our country is like.

On a different note, Josh and I discovered a gym in town and with the help of some knowledgeable friends, have started running 3 times a week. We have really enjoyed doing this together and it has become something we look forward too. It has become a time of worship for me and a time to focus on the Lord and how amazing He is.

You know how we all go through dry times and times of rich blessing and learning- this summer has been rich for me. The Lord has been teaching me so much and it has been so good to feel Him close.
I hope you all have a blessed rest of your summer!

Comments

  1. Candy, we love working with you and Josh here on our island! Great to see how God is working in and through you guys. Oops, I really mean y'all!!! You can check out my humble little blog with lots of tips and recipes for jungle living here: https://farthestoceans.wordpress.com/ or my other blog at http://reaching-palawanos--donna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun new blog. I am excited to here more about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know much about blogs - but I am always excited about hearing more on the journey God is leading you two through! Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

True Confessions- My Story Of Healing

When The Answer is No...

When You're Draining Your Own Bucket